Have everyone think you're a master chef with this delicious and easy-to-make Turkish dessert!
Flaky, crisp, and tender, Little Sweet Baker's Cranberry Orange Baklava is literally a party in your mouth. Get ready to make it this perfect treat over the weekend; the results are absolutely worth it!
- 1 pkg (16oz/454g) phyllo pastry, thawed and trimmed to fit a 9×13″ pan
- 2 cups finely chopped pistachios plus more for garnish
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 large orange
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Aegean Pine Honey
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, honey, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over med-high heat, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat to cool while preparing the baklava.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped pistachios, walnuts, cranberries, orange zest, and ground cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 pan with the melted butter.
- Lay 8-10 sheets of phyllo pastry, brushing each one with butter.
- Sprinkle 1/5 (about 1 cup) of the nut mixture on top. Lay another 4-5 sheets of phyllo, brushing each one with butter. Repeat 3 more times.
- Finish with the remaining nut mixture and phyllo sheets. Cut 4 lines horizontally and 8-10 lines diagonal to make diamond shapes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and immediately spoon the syrup evenly on top of the hot baklava. Reserve some of the syrup for drizzling before serving if desired.
- Let stand for 4-6 hours or preferably overnight at room temperature uncovered before serving.
For more excellent recipes, visit https://www.littlesweetbaker.com/recipes/