Fig season is short and definitely worth taking advantage of! Grab some of the unique fruit before the season ends and get ready to bake a cake made with yummy ingredients - making this recipe worth a try.
Rachel, founder of Lipstick and Gelato, has come up with this wonderful quick & simple Fresh Fig & Olive Oil recipe which will surely make your mouth water. It is easy to bake and will not take much of your time!
- 1/2 cup Hiç Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tbsp Hiç Aegean Pine Honey
- 6 fresh figs, quartered
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9" spring-form pan, set aside. In a large bowl beat butter with sugar and olive oil until fluffy. On low speed, add eggs one at a time.
- In medium bowl whisk together almond meal, baking powder, coriander, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, then add in ricotta, milk, apple, and lemon zest. Beat until just mixed.
- Spread batter in pan and bake for 13 minutes. Remove from oven and press quartered figs into the surface of the cake. Brush with honey, then return to the oven for an additional half-hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, then remove the sides of the spring-form pan. If desired, top with olive oil or sweetened yogurt.
For more excellent recipes, visit http://www.lipstickandgelato.com/p/recipes.html