Looking for a seafood recipe that is so simple yet so incredibly tasty? Today's your day! We've got you covered with perfectly-made shrimp tacos that are full of flavor and crisp.
Once Upon a Chef's outstanding Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa are super fun to make and even more fun to eat! Gather a few friends and family to impress with this easy and delectable recipe.
FOR THE SALSA
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from half a lime
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Hiç Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Scant 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds large (31/35) or extra large (26/30) shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and tail removed, thawed if frozen
- 8 to 10 six-inch corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage, for serving
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
- 1 cup sour cream, for serving
- Put the shallot, jalapeño pepper, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and process until finely chopped
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl
- Add the chopped tomatoes, avocado, salt, lime juice, and cilantro to the bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and shrimp. Mix until the shrimp are evenly coated with seasoning.
- Grease the grill with a wad of paper towels dipped in vegetable oil or non-flammable cooking spray.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook, covered, until just opaque, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
- Place the shrimp on a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Grill the tortillas until warm and slightly charred, about 20 seconds per side. (Alternatively, heat the tortillas in the microwave according to the package instructions.)
- Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of the avocado salsa, 3 shrimp, and some red cabbage; pass the lime wedges and sour cream at the table. Alternatively, set the warm tortillas, grilled shrimp, avocado salsa, and fixings on the table for everyone to assemble their own tacos.
For more excellent recipes, visit https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes