Hiç Chocolate Olive Oil Cake Recipe
A show-stopper at the end of a meal! Use extra virgin olive oil in place of butter and feel a little less guilty about indulging!
- 1/2 cup of Aegean, by Hiç extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 - 12oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 275°. Grease a 10-inch spring form baking pan.
2. In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Let sit for 30 seconds and stir chocolate with a fork until all of the chocolate is melted. Add olive oil and salt to chocolate. Let cool for a minute and then whisk in egg yolks with a fork.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat eggs whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 egg mixture into chocolate. Once combined add the rest of the egg mixture. Make sure to fold egg whites gently to keep the cake light and fluffy.
4. Pour into greased baking pan and bake in center rack of oven for 50-55 minutes. Once cooled remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges and serve.
5. Cooking Time 1 Hour 5 minutes, active time 15 minutes; Serves 8-10