A super fresh, super summery Lemon Herb Pasta Salad! Packed with tangy marinated chickpeas, chewy pasta, lots of herbs and garlic, lemon juice topped of with delicious Aegean, by Hiç Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Aegean, by Hiç Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated or crushed into a paste
- a generous squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1/4 cup Aegean, by Hiç Extra Virgin Olive Oil (as needed)
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare marinated chickpeas by combining everything together in a shallow bowl. For the best flavor, allow this to marinate for 8 hours or overnight. But hey, if you don’t have the time, just let it all hang out while you prep the rest of the pasta. It’s all good.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. While pasta is hot, toss with marinated chickpeas and allow to cool slightly
3. Add more Aegean, by Hiç Extra Virgin Olive Oil (as needed). Add lemon juice and zest and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Add in Parmesan cheese last so it doesn’t completely melt. Serve warm, cold, or room temp with extra lemon, Parmesan, and herbs as needed!
You can find this recipe and much more at https://pinchofyum.com/