Have you ever tried Ratatouille? The famous and delicious
French vegetarian dish is a must try!
This unique recipe by the highly skilled Once Upon a Chef is healthy, flavorful, and super easy to cook.
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 6 tbsp Hiç Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 5 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped thyme, plus more for serving
- 3/4 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Heat 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the eggplant and season with 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft and starting to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Place in another plate and set aside.
- Add another tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to the pan. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp, 3 - 4 minutes. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Add two more tbsp of olive oil to the pan and add the onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for about 3 minutes more. Do not brown.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, tomato paste, thyme, sugar, crushed red pepper flakes and 3/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are broken down into a sauce, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked eggplant to the pan; bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the eggplant is soft.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 1 - 2 minutes more, or until just warmed through. Sprinkle with fresh basil and thyme, drizzle with a little olive oil if desired, and serve warm or chilled.
For more excellent recipes, visit https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes