Are you looking for a simply-made dessert that would treat your tastebuds in a variety of ways?
As surprising as it sounds, Olive Oil Ice Cream is an extremely delicious dessert. The Olive Oil adds different rich flavors, extra creaminess, wonderful textures, and nutritious benefits. Try The Wanderlust Kitchen's recipe once and you'll be convinced!
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Hiç RESERVE Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine the whole milk, white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and rosemary in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. The sugar should be melted, the milk should be hot, and the mixture should smell of rosemary.
- Place the egg yolks in the bowl of your stand mixer. Use the whisk attachment to beat the eggs on medium until well-combined and light in color. Strain the rosemary from the milk mixture.
- With the mixer running on the Stir setting, very slowly trickle a ladle-full of hot milk into the yolks to temper. Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and cook the custard, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick enough to coat a wooden spoon (about 2 to 4 minutes). Turn off the heat and strain through a sieve into a large bowl. Stir in the heavy cream and olive oil, cover, and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your ice-cream maker model. For KitchenAid, turn the mixer on to ‘stir’ then pour in the mixture and churn for 20 to 30 minutes (or until you reach your desired consistency). Scrape the soft serve ice cream into a freezer-safe air-tight container and freeze until solid.
For more excellent recipes, visit https://thewanderlustkitchen.com/recipe-index/