Try a simple & impressive Salmon Crostini as a snack, breakfast, brunch, or even holiday appetizer. Easy to make and super complex in taste and texture.
This recipe by With Spice is made with high quality ingredients that will make your mouth water after the very first bite. A must try over the weekend!
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Hic Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 slices country-style bread, toasted or grilled
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb hot-smoked salmon or trout, flaked
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Toss onion and vinegar in a small bowl and let stand for 10 minutes to pickle.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Fry capers until opened and crispy, about 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Spread toasts with crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper. Top with smoked salmon, drained pickled red onion, fried capers, and chives. Drizzle with Hiç Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve.
For more excellent recipes, visit https://www.withspice.com/recipes/